New Product Announcement
Restart DE1108 Project
In 2008, DEGEN decided to suspend “Project DE1108”. Although a lot of time and manpower was invested during a 2-year development period, the technical limitations at the time could not provide the desired breakthroughs needed to warrant DE1108 as the “Icing on the Cake” of a radio enthusiasts’ collection.
In the eight years that followed, while new technologies emerged, new ideas and implementations were conceived, consequently leading to a 2-year conceptualization process in which 70% of the preparation work was finalized. Today, “Project DE1108” has formally restarted! Tooling development, software testing, and the purchase of materials with extended procurement lead-times have all commenced.
The principles on which the restart of “Project DE1108” is based:
1. Progressive thinking: Do not hold onto old ideas, clear the mind and embrace new technologies that lead to breakthrough innovations and a new highly advanced radio product.
2. Despite all the previous investments made, embrace the new technologies and the cost it comes with to develop an innovative product.
3. Develop a radio that combines the best of traditional analog radio with the latest digital technologies.
4. Position the product as a ‘Hard-to-Follow’ and ‘Difficult-to-Beat’ concept.
5. Enjoyment of listening is at the heart of the design.
6. A product to be enjoyed by both the older radio enthusiasts as well as younger generations who are more interested in innovative electronics.
7. Different versions to meet local requirements within the global market.
Shenzhen Degen Electronics. Co. Ltd.